Here at Cornwall Art Galleries, we respect your privacy and are committed to maintaining and safeguarding it.
Below we will detail what happens to any personal data that you provide to us or that we collect from you whilst you visit our website.
Information we collect from you
- Information provided voluntarily by you when making a purchase from us. This includes your name, addresses (card holders address, delivery address and billing address), contact telephone numbers and email, as well as your card payment details.
- Information that you provide when contacting us by any means.
- Information about your visit to our site, including which pages you viewed. This is viewed in our Google Analytics page where we gather visitor information such as most common browsers used, location of user, most commonly viewed pages. This data does not contain any recognisable personal information that can link it back to you.
Who Collects your Information?
- Cornwall Art Galleries Ltd will collect information about you regarding all the above.
How is your Information Collected?
- We collect information from what you supply us with at the time of checkout, or when you visit our ‘contact us’ page and make contact through whatever means. This includes email, telephone, or through a social media channel (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram) or by choosing to sign up to our newsletter.
Why we collect your Information and How does it get used?
- Primarily, to process your orders and contact you regarding your orders.
- If you consent, to contact you about future products that might be of interest to you. This is only done through our newsletter, that you sign yourself up to, and we usually send out one communication every month, on average. You have the option to opt out at any time.
- To serve and administer the website and enhance our services (through our Google Analytics) so that we can provide a better service with relevant products that our customers will love.
Who will your Information be shared with?
- Some of our products are sent to you direct from our suppliers (either Artko Ltd or Ocean Publishing Ltd). They are both manufacturers and wholesalers in art and do not deal directly with the general public. We sell their products to you, but they help us, by dispatching orders directly to you, on our behalf.
In order for this to happen we need to share some details with them, to enable them to process and ship your order to you.
The details we share are your name, address, contact number and the products you have ordered.
We share this information via email only.
Therefore, we ask you ‘to tick the box’ before completing your order with us, to give consent for us to share your details with a 3rd party. If you do not agree to share these details, we therefore unfortunately cannot process your order.
- Orders need to be delivered. Your name and delivery address, along with your contact details (where necessary) will also be shared with a courier company, either by us or by Artko / Ocean Publishing) The courier’s used are Royal Mail / Parcel Force / TNT or DPD. The information passed to them is solely for the purpose of getting your order delivered to you.
What happens to my details once I’ve received my order?
- We hold onto our customers details for 3 months. This allows your order to be processed, tracked and delivered to you. It then allows you 30 days to check that your order has been delivered to you in perfect condition and allow for you to decide that you are completely happy with it, as part of our general T&C’s.
After this time, (providing no further communications have been made, with regards to you order), we will remove all your details from all our systems, securely.
- Occasionally we may telephone you towards the end of the 3 month period just to check your products were delivered to you OK, we will at this point check that you are happy for us to remove your details from our systems and if you want them, give you details on how to keep in touch with us via our newsletter.
Disclosure of Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Requests for access to personal information:
Should you wish to assess the information we hold on you at any time, this can be requested in writing to:
Cornwall Art Galleries Ltd, 31 Arwenack Street, Falmouth, Cornwall, TR11 3JE
Or over the phone on 01326 210036.
Or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Requests must be accompanied with at least 2 adequate forms of ID or a series of security questions that we set to ensure your information is kept secure.
We will provide information upon request, free of charge, within 1 month from the request.
Right to rectification
If any of the details we hold on you are incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to correct them.
Right to Erasure
You have the right to ‘be forgotten’. We already erase customer data after 3 months, but you can request to have your data removed / deleted earlier, when there’s no reason to continue processing it. This includes 3rd parties, which we have shared your data with. However, if you ask for this information to be removed before your order/transaction with us has completed this may result in the cancellation of any orders you have placed.
Right to Restrict Processing
You have the right to block or suppress the processing of your data in certain circumstances. We would allow this right to be applied in the following situation:
Where you contest the accuracy of the personal data we hold, a request can be made to restrict processing until accuracy is verified. In this case your data would be stored until accuracy was verified.
Right to Object
You can ‘opt out’ of direct marketing (our newsletter) that you have previously ‘opted into’ at any time. Just click on the link to unsubscribe from our newsletter. Or, contact us via email or telephone and we can do this on your behalf.
Cookies are used by us. They are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This is then used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
To ensure items are placed into your shopping basket correctly and that orders are processed properly
To identify you as you travel around the website
To provide us with site usage information, which together with purchase information, helps us to improve and develop both our website and the products that we supply.
No recognisable personal information or confidential information is stored in the cookie that can link it back to you.
For further information about cookies please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
You can set your browser to not accept cookies and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in some circumstances some of our website features may not function properly as a result.
We take your online security very seriously.
For this reason, when you place an order with us, you will notice that your payment is collected by Shopify. A padlock symbol should appear in the top right corner of your internet browser window. This shows you that you can shop with confidence, in a secure mode using high levels of encryption. All information is encrypted, including your debit / credit card numbers, when passed between your browser and the Shopify server.
No credit card information is collected or stored on the cornwallartgalleries.com server.
We comply with the standards, procedures and requirements laid down by UK Data Protection Acts 1984 and 1998, as well as GDPR, to ensure your personal information is kept secure and processed fairly and lawfully.
If you require any further information, please contact us on 01326210036 or email us using our contact page.